Family History Hunt – scavenger hunt throughout Ridgefield , April 1 through June 1. The Family History Hunt is a wonderful opportunity for children of all ages to explore Ridgefield and learn about local history throughout our community. Sponsored by the Keeler Tavern Museum. Family History Hunt books will be available at Keeler Tavern Museum and many locations in town. The book will guide you to sites of historical interest and provide information and thought provoking questions that are designed to broaden your knowledge of local history. Your completed Family History Hunt book will entitle you to prizes and a special invitation the Keeler Tavern Museum’s 300th birthday party on June 15, 2013. Check the Keeler Tavern Museum website for more details.
Family History Scavenger Hunt for Children in Ridgefield, CT
- Getting Back into the Swing of Things — I moved a few months back, and since then, have been trying to make the monthly meeting of my new local metal detecting club. Something always seemed to interfere with my plans, but finally, Wednesday night, I was able to attend, and join “The Yankee Territory Coin Shooters” in Wethersfield, CT. [...]
- Local Event – Genealogy Worksho... — The Friends of the Cos Cob Library will sponsor three genealogy workshops at the Cos Cob, CT Library this fall. Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM Mr. Anthony Lauriano’s lecture will be “Introduction to Genealogy”. [...]
- Upcoming Events Local to Fairfield Co... — Events that are local to Fairfield County, CT–I assume no liability for errors or omissions, please check the websites or call ahead to double check times, date’s, locations, etc… BROOKFIELD, CT September 22 – Brookfield’s Second Annual Farmfest – The Brookfield Museum and Historical Society together with the Brookfield Conservation Commission is presenting the communities [...]
- Vintage Baseball – A Living His... — In the mood for some good old fashioned Baseball? Click here for more information. [...]
- Local History Events–Events Loc... — I’ve decided to put local events together in one post, so those of you who don’t live in the area are not inundated with a bunch of local events you can’t attend. [...]